Wednesday 22 January 2014

Ardgowan Garden Party - Sept. 1992

     I came across the following photos the other day - they were taken at the Ardgowan Garden Party in September 1992.  We were celebrating the 125th anniversary of the Confederation of Canada in 1867.
     The black and white photos were taken by the late Phyllis Pitre.  
     Above: I portrayed the youngest Father of Confederation, Andrew A. MacDonald of Georgetown.  Below: my niece Tammy
 Below:  Here I am with my niece Leon.
     Below: We're chatting with my mother Dorothy (center seated) and my sister Nancy.  Three years earlier Mom and I got our start making period costumes by producing gowns for the 125th celebration of the 1864 Confederation Conference.
 Below:  Here I am with my 3 nieces and 2 nephews!
 Below: A few of us Fathers of Confederation discussing business.
      The following photo, taken by another, was at Fanningbank /  Government House with Lt. Gov. Marion Reid (1990-1995) hosting Governor General Ray Hnatyshyn (1990-1995).
     There I am standing on the far right next to the pillar with my hat over my head in the same pose and position as Andrew A. MacDonald did in 1864.

No comments:

Post a Comment